Future Proof Care
Legal notice and use.
(Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it)
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the General Data Protection Regulation – ie the law):
- We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored:
- on paper, in locked cabinets, and the offices are always locked and alarmed out of working hours.
- electronically (“in the cloud”), using a specialist medical records service. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
- on our office computers. These are password-protected, backed up regularly, and the offices are locked and alarmed out of working hours.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- The medical records service who store and process our files.
- Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment.
- Our reception team, because they organise our practitioners’ diaries, and coordinate your notes with appointments and reminders.
- Other administrative team but they will not have access to your medical notes, just your essential contact details.
- We also use Mailchimp to coordinate our messages, so your name and email address may be saved on their server.
From time to time, we may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but not your medical notes). We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Suite 05, 30 Churchill Square, Kingshill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4YU
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Copyright Future Proof Care. All rights reserved.
Future Proof Care hereby authorises you to view, print, copy and distribute information published by Future Proof Care on this site, provided that (a) the information may be used internally (by you or any third party to whom you distribute it) only for informational, non-commercial purposes; (b) no fee may be charged for distribution of any information to any third party; and (c) any and all copyright or other proprietary notices that appear herein, together with this Legal Notice, must appear on all copies that you make or distribute.
Any product, process or technology published on the site may be the subject of Intellectual Property rights reserved by Future Proof Care, its subsidiaries or licensors, and are not licensed hereunder. Any software programs and any corrections, updates or new versions of any software programs that may be made available by Future Proof Care through the site are provided subject to the additional terms, conditions and restrictions indicated in the applicable section of the site.
If no additional terms are provided on the site, any software programs or software code is governed by this provision.
All information provided via the site, including, without limitation, any Future Proof Care or its subsidiaries’ product or service plans, software programs, software code, offerings, or programs, statements of future directions, “white papers” or other technical or marketing materials (collectively, “Information”) is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change or withdrawal by Future Proof Care at any time without notice. Future Proof Care assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the Information. THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FUTURE PROOF CARE FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITES OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. IN NO EVENT WILL FUTURE PROOF CARE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE SITES, THE INFORMATION, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FUTURE PROOF CARE IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Unless expressly provided otherwise by Future Proof Care, all comments, information or materials submitted to Future Proof Care through or in association with the site shall be considered non-confidential and Future Proof Care’s property. By submitting such comments, feedback, information or materials to Future Proof Care, you agree to a no-charge assignment to Future Proof Care of all worldwide rights, title and interest in copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the comments, feedback, information or materials. Future Proof Care shall be free to use, copy or distribute such comments, information or materials on an unrestricted basis without accounting to you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Future Proof Care controls its offices in KingsHill, Kent. You agree that any legal action, proceeding or other matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Information or the site shall be governed by UK law. You may not access, download, use or export the Information in violation of UK export laws or regulations, or in violation of any applicable local laws or regulations.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.